Benefits of Membership
Becoming a member of the TSTA-Student Program instantly makes you part of a powerful network. You gain immediate access to the resources of the Texas State Teachers Association, the state’s oldest and most respected teacher association, and the 3.2 million member National Education Association. Email Jo Williford for more information.
As a member of TSTA-Student Program you have access to:
Help in Becoming a Better Teacher
- TSTA’s 1st Year Survival Guide—a must-have blueprint to a successful first year.
- NEA’s Works4Me—teaching tips by email every week.
- TSTA’s web site and quarterly magazine, the Advocate—information about education and the association.
- TSTA’s weekly electronic newsletter, the Briefing—the news and information you need on the latest legislative and education agency actions, news from TSTA and NEA, good news about public education, and notices of upcoming events you won’t want to miss.
Unsurpassed Legal Protection
- TSTA’s professional liability insurance — protection in case you are sued.
- NEA's legal defense funds — assistance in case you have problems with your district.
- Excellent team of staff attorneys at TSTA and NEA.
- 877-ASK-TSTA — where you can get quick answers to your questions.
Discounts on Services and Products
As a Member of TSTA-Student Program, You Have a Strong Voice
- TSTA leads the way in raising salaries, increasing the retirement multiplier, protecting support professionals' employment rights, and many other issues. If there is a legislative body or state agency that is involved in public education, TSTA is there, representing the interest of students and public school employees.
- NEA has long been the strongest advocate for students and education employees at the national level.