- Legislative Wrapup
- Track Education-Related Bills
- Sign Up for Email Updates
- How to Write a Letter to the Editor
- Who is My Legislator?
- Members of the Texas House
- Members of the Texas Senate
- FAQs on Texas Legislature
- Guide to Lobbying
- Information About the Capitol
- Contribute to TSTA-PAC
- Upgrade TSTA-PAC Contribution
- Watch the Action in the House
- Watch the Action in the Senate
Contribute to TSTA-PAC
Contributing to TSTA-PAC: the next step for professional educators
TSTA is active in the political arena because we understand the connection between our political engagement/power and officeholders' decisions, which affect your personal and professional life.
Elected officials make many of the decisions that affect your profession and your students, including the level of salary and benefits you receive and investments in the classroom priorities that build a strong foundation for student learning.
Our Continuing Contributor Program under the TSTA-Political Action Committee is a vehicle for members who are active and engaged in the political process. Because TSTA dues money cannot be used to elect public officials, members use the Continuing Contributor Program to contribute money to help TSTA elect public officials who are supportive of educators and public education and will vote in the best interest of America's schoolchildren.
Every member who contributes increases our collective strength.
Take the next step as an education professional. Become a Continuing Contributor, either through a bank draft or credit card. Click here to download a new Continuing Contributor form. You also may make a one-time contribution to the fund.
If you would like to become a Continuing Contributor or give a one-time contribution and/or have questions, write to Continuing Contributor Program, TSTA-PAC, 316 W. 12th St., Austin, TX 78701; call 877-ASK-TSTA, ext. 1257; or send an email to Claire Moore.
- CLICK HERE TO BECOME A NEW CONTINUING CONTRIBUTOR (active members)
- CLICK HERE TO BECOME A NEW CONTINUING CONTRIBUTOR (ESP members)
- CLICK HERE TO BECOME A NEW CONTINUING CONTRIBUTOR (TSTA-R members)
- CLICK HERE TO BECOME A NEW CONTINUING CONTRIBUTOR (TSTA-SP members)