TSTA House of Delegates Elections
The 2017 State House of Delegates (HoD) will be in Houston, TX.
NEA Director Election: Nominations are also open for NEA Director for Texas, Place 3. The successful candidate for NEA Director for Texas, Place 3 will serve a three-year term on the NEA Board of Directors beginning September 1, 2017, and will sit as a voting member of the TSTA Board of Directors for a three-year term beginning July 15, 2017. The election for NEA Director for Texas, Place 3 will be held at the April 2017 House of Delegates. For additional information, contact TSTA's Center for Executive and Governance at 316 W. 12th Street, Suite 510, Austin, TX 78701, or call 877-ASK-TSTA, ext. 1510. Follow this link for the filing form for the NEA Director election http://tsta.org/sites/default/files/NEA_Director_Filing_Form.pdf.
TSTA Officers: Nominations are open for the positions of TSTA president and vice president, for a three-year term beginning July 15, 2017. File for either office and you are automatically filed for alternate NEA director for Texas.
TSTA President – http://tsta.org/sites/default/files/FilingFormTSTApresident.pdf
TSTA Vice President – http://tsta.org/sites/default/files/FilingFormTSTAvp.pdf
If you would prefer to have the above filing forms in a Microsoft Word document, please email email@example.com.
Local Delegate Elections for the State HoD
Allocations and corresponding chartering information has been mailed to all local presidents. If you have any questions regarding your allocations or compliance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-324-5355 x1543 .
State HoD Delegate Election Report Forms
Local Delegate Election Reports must be received at TSTA HQ by March 15th. A confirmation receipt will be issued for all submissions. Any submission that arrives after March 15th must be accompanied by a letter from the local president to explain why it is late. Any submission presented after April 1st automatically goes to credentials. As always, the Center for Executive and Governance will look up membership information for each delegate and work with the local president to make sure that the local’s delegate election report is complete and complies with TSTA Election policies.
Please email all forms to email@example.com, fax to 512-486-7053, or mail to TSTA CEG, 316 W12th St, Austin, TX 78701.
Local Delegate Election reports may be submitted in the following ways based on your preference:
1. If your local is allotted 13 or less delegates and elected 13 or less alternates, you may submit their information using the following e-form links. The first link includes certification and delegate information. The second link, alternate information. If you use these links, please email a copy of your election tally to firstname.lastname@example.org. To enter delegate or alternate information on these e-forms, you only need to enter their name and one piece of identifying information- either their membership ID, Last Four digits of their social security number, or the first line of their street address.
Delegate Report Form link: https://tsta.wufoo.com/forms/tsta-hod-local-delegate-election-report/
Alternate Report Form link: https://tsta.wufoo.com/forms/tsta-hod-local-alternate-election-report/
2. If you would like to submit paper forms that use the abbreviated version of delegate/alternate identifying information, please complete the following election report, delegate report, and alternate report forms. If you use these forms, please also send your tally to email@example.com.
3. Another way of turning in the abbreviated delegate information in an electronic delegate list is by using the excel spreadsheet posted below. Please note there are separate delegates and alternates tabs on the spreadsheet. This may be helpful for you if you are allocated more than 13 delegates but want to turn a list in electronically (we have a field limit on forms which led to the baker’s dozen). In addition to the spreadsheet, you will need to send the election report form (posted below) and your election tally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If you liked using the previous forms, they are posted below. In addition to the forms you will need to send your voting tally to email@example.com.
If a delegate cannot attend and an alternate is being moved into the original delegate’s place, the Local president should report the change on the Delegate Change Report (changes not reported by April 1 must be made at the HoD).
Local Delegate Elections for the Regional HoD
Regional Houses of Delegates are held on the date established by each Region. Please contact your Regional President for more information about dates, times, and locations.
The President of your Local Association must submit the results of your local delegate elections to your Regional President (by the deadline established by the Regional President) on the TSTA Regional HoD Election Forms. These include:
• Regional HoD Delegates
• Regional HoD Alternates
• Multiple entries form (for additional delegates/alternates page 2 to end)
For more information on election procedures and requirements, please review TSTA Board Policy EP-8 (Election of Local Delegates to the State House of Delegates) and TSTA Board Policy EP-13 (Election of Local Delegates to the Regional House of Delegates).
If you have questions, please contact the Center for Executive and Governance at TSTA Headquarters, extension 1510.