TSTA/NEA-Retired has many programs:
- Opportunities for continued involvement in education and your profession.
- The camaraderie of others with similar backgrounds and interests
- Pre-retirement planning information
- TSTA-R State Convention
- TSTA-R/NEA-R members receive almost all of the Member Benefits offered to active members
- Continued protective liability insurance if you substitute
- Opportunities to mentor education majors in local colleges and universities
- Pre-retired NEA-R/TSTA-R Lifetime Memberships
TSTA-R/NEA-Retired offers visibility:
- Early enrollment information and certificates of appreciation to pre-retirees
- TSTA/NEA publications and cyber services:
- TSTA Advocate (TSTA’s statewide official publication.)
- This Active Life (A bimonthly magazine for NEA-Retired members.)
- NEA Today (NEA’s official publication for NEA members in elementary and secondary education.)
- NEA Member Benefits Web Site (an online consumer and life-planning resource for NEA members; includes NEA Member Benefit program information.)
- NEA-Retired on the Web (NEA-Retired members can use the Web to keep up to date with Association issues.)
- Access to the TSTA Help Center at 877-ASK-TSTA (7am-7pm weekdays, 8-5 summers)
- Retired Members – TSTA State Committees:
- Johnette E. Williams (Dallas), TSTA Board of Directors
- Jay-Ann Rucker (El Paso), Community and Instructional Advocacy (CIA)
- Jo Ann Peschel (Houston), Legislative and Political Advocacy (LPA)
- Jeffrey Archer (Austin), Credentials, Bylaws and Elections Committee (CBE)
- Active involvement in legislative and political action goals for education and educational employees. TSTA-R/NEA-R is committed to preserve, protect, and improve retirement pension and health benefits, including state pensions, Social Security and Medicare. The National Education Association is in the forefront in Washington, D.C. lobbying for legislation which positively affects retired education employees, especially the repeal of the Offset Provision of Social Security.
- TSTA-R/NEA-R, in partnership with the TSTA-Student Program and TSTA local association, participates in NEA’s Read Across America.
For information on membership, write to TSTA/NEA-Retired, 316 West 12th Street, Austin, Texas 78701; or call 877-ASK-TSTA.