We are demanding that the governor:
- Close schools for the remainder of the school year to help slow down the spread of the coronavirus and COVID-19.
- Require schools to continue distributing free meals in a safe way.
- Continue to fully fund school districts and require them to continue paying and providing benefits to hourly employees.
- Guarantee paid sick time for all school employees affected by COVID-19 and for employees required to care for ill family members.
- Help school districts find ways to ensure educational equity for students with special needs, English language learners and economically disadvantaged children whose families can’t afford computers or Internet access.
- Waive all teacher appraisals for this academic year because of the extraordinary circumstances created by the coronavirus emergency.